Friday, July 19, 2013

I'm alive!

July 18, 2013
Dear family,

I am alive and well in New Zealand! We arrived early this morning to a chilly Auckland. From Salt Lake I traveled with 3 sisters and 11 elders. In LA we met up with 4 more missionaries making our total to 19 missionaries traveling to New Zealand. We are all going to Wellington and it is a great group of kids!! Both flights I sat by Elders. The food was decent on the flight and I was able to sleep for a good portion of it.

This morning when we arrived they had 2 car buses for us and we arrived to the MTC before the sun had really come up, it actually rises pretty late. We received our missionary name tags and I was given the calling with my companion to be a Sister Coordinator, and part of the leadership team. My companion's name is Sister Sudweeks and she's from Pocatello Idaho. She's a great girl. We have our own room.

This MTC is the greatest!! We all got personal interviews with the MTC President and then I got another talk with his wife as we discussed the calling. They feed us 4 times a day. Breakfast, lunch, supper and dinner. Ha. Everyone's accents are so great but also hard to understand., hopefully that will come soon. Today we are pretty relaxed just settling in, but then tomorrow we will hit the ground running. We get to go to the temple once and that is next Wednesday. We'll spend a long time there participating in 2 sessions, visiting the visitors center and then the temple feeds us. I will email on Sunday, meaning Saturday for you.

I feel really great and think this is a wonderful fit. Everyone here is so loving and nice. Even just the people at the airport had a wonderful feel about them. I'm in the Mormon district, so that's cool. Ha, I don't have much else to say other than I'm SO HAPPY!

Love,

Sister Rachel Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment