Friday, October 18, 2013

By their desires and their works you shall know them.

October 9, 2013

You know that cute little phrase, "don't let the bed bugs bite!" That's no longer a cute phrase but a sincere prayer of mine every night. Ha I have been eaten all up my arms and legs with these bites. We had a District Meeting over in Nelson and the mission president's wife was there. I had her look at them and then all the elders came over. She asked them what they looked like and one elder said, "They look like really scratched up bed bug bites". Ha, it's so hard not to scratch! I washed everything on my bed, vacuumed my mattress, and it seems to have gotten better. Apparantly most Americans get the bites; they like our blood.

Leaving our mark with our shoes on the fence to Nelson.
We had a super weekend in Nelson. There's a fence on the drive there that is covered with shoes people have left. It stretches from quite the distance and so we wanted to leave our mark with it! We bought some shoes at the second hand shop because we didn't really have any of our own to leave. I decorated mine up with things I love and left my testimony inside. Maybe one day someone will come and switch shoes with it and find the gospel, who knows! There's an ice cream shop on the way there and it's tradition we stop to get a scoop. Then the 2 cars of missionaries can actually get to the chapel because it's not too easy to navigate alone. We had District Meeting with our district, the Zone Leaders, the Senior Couple and also Sister Kezerian. We each had interviews with President during the meeting. It's always so nice to be surrounded by leadership and get their input on how we can better meet the needs of our investigators. On the way home we took the Queen Charlotte Drive home and it was filled with majestic lookouts on the water and mountains. Sometimes I just can't get over the beauty of this country.

We were able to do a bit of service this week. Service is the best because I can actually wear jeans and feel human. We went over to an investigators house and although she wasn't there we were able to get to work and weed her front garden. We stopped by another investigators home to drop off a FHE assignments and we were able to stay there for an hour and help them weed around their whole home. The kids and mom came out to work alongside us, which was great! We then threw the rugby ball around and played some touch. Always good!

P-Day this week was special because we had the whole district together. Since we can't drive we had the elders come in on buses and we all biked to the park. We had a little sausage barbeque with our small means as missionaries. We invited all the kids in the branch to come play with us and we had a great turn out! It was pretty much a branch activity ha. We played touch rugby and I actually did good! Usually when I get the ball I just stop and pass it to someone else, but this time I would actually run the ball and get right into it. It was a beautiful spring day, something everyone is Utah is probably missing right about now! It's getting quite warm, but then like Utah it freaks out and rains and gets really cold. 

Epic picture thanks to my enhancing feature on my camera. 
This is a look out on Queen Charlotte's Drive.
We'll get to watch General Conference this weekend and we are so stoked!! It's exciting to hear about it from the letters I've received so the real deal will be even better.

D&C 18:38. Everyone should read secton 18 of the Doctrine and Covenants because it is great! The title of my letter this weeks comes from this section. They were asked to go out and find the 12 apostles and the Lord told them that it would be by their desires and their works that they would know them. As followers of Christ and as disciples because should be able to look to up and see our works are in harmony with the teachings of Christ.

This gospel is true and that is why I continue to serve! I love you all and am grateful for the influence you've been in my life. You have all impacted my life. We are all accumulations of what we've seen, heard, and felt. You all have added to who I am and I am truly grateful for the amazing people you are! 

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment