Friday, October 18, 2013

Exclamation Point !

October 14, 2013

General Conference (exclamation point)! I enjoyed conference so much and I loved that investigators, less actives, and members would pop into my mind on certain topics. Since this is my first General Conference as a missionary, I’ve never had quite the experience of thinking of so many other people besides myself. Missionary work is quite the topic among the general authorities and it’s so exciting to be a part of that work. It gave me more resolve on how important this work is and it will pass faster than I know. It was also wonderful to see so many faithful saints and to feel a bit more at home seeing Utah. I use lots of exclamation points in writing and speech so it was fun to hear the General Authority who talked about that, even though he played football for BYU:) The Saturday morning session was sadly a private viewing for the missionaries.. but the Elders had an investigator Saturday Afternoon and we had one come on Sunday. Members don't see the excitement of watching Conference, but one day they will understand how exciting it is to hear the living prophets.

The cute family we're teaching with Sister Taleni. 
They're sad Sister Taleni will be leaving.
This is a pretty big week! I have my 3 month Birthday and my 21st Birthday. In celebration of my Birthday, I would love it if everyone sent me 21 things that they are grateful for in their life. Having an attitude of gratitude can really help as a missionary, so I am anxious to hear what you all are grateful for!

We ran into this guy when we were contacting a referral. "Hi, we're Sister Missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". He said, "Oh that's cool your church has missionaries, usually you just see the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons out!" Ha we told him we were Mormons and it confirmed his missionary observations. But he was nice and showed us his pet chinchillas. He only had shorts on so it was a bit weird, but we had a nice chat.

When I was in the MTC a member of the 70 came and told us about how they assign missionaries. He said that often the missionary is assigned to a specific mission not because of the region, but because of the mission president they will serve under. Pretty neat, right?? Well this week I came to the conclusion that Heavenly Father did the same when he was assigning parents. He knew who would help us to grow the most, teach us the best way, and be the best for us. I don't know what I did to belong to my family but I'm sure grateful!! I think we all have so much to be grateful for thinking of the families we've been born in to. Some aren't as lucky, but they're still the ones who will help us to learn and grown the most.

For P-Day we went bowling and it was super fun. We were able to go as a district and it made me feel a little normal just being out and playing. None of us were very good, I guess we haven't been on enough dates bowling ha.

This week will be great! Every day we are finding a miracle and we're exercising greater faith and obedience so we will be deserving of them. We leave to Nelson today for exchanges but we'll both be staying. There will be 4 Sisters to really focus the work there so it should be really great. The Sisters haven't been out much due to illness so we're going to help speed up the work. Exciting!

Remember to Look Up! Be happy and choose the right. (A lot of people see my CTR ring on my wedding ring finger and think I'm engaged or married. They seem disappointed when I tell them what it means and that it's the only finger that fits.)

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment