Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wellywood

February 3rd, 2014 

Kia Ora from Wellywood!!

This week we had fun doing "chalk talk" on the wharf in Wellington. All 6 missionaries in the District got together and drew the Plan of Salvation in chalk and then as people walked past we would talk to them about the plan or whatever they wanted to know. It's fun because we meet all sorts of people.

This week the beautiful Freemans are going home. They are just the sweetest office couple!! My first night in Wellington I stayed over with them and that's when I fell in love. I'm just happy I was here in Wellington to say goodbye. They're moving to St. George, so Caroline can just pretend she's me and they will love her :)


We got a referral who's from Chile so I was all excited to study up my Spanish beacause it hurt my brain speaking to her on the tele. I got my english Book of Mormon and then used a Spanish Book of Mormon to remember what I'd learned in middle school Spanish (Funny enough, her last name is Lucero and Mr. Lucero taught me Spanish). It ended up that she lived way out of town and out of our zone so we had to give her to someone else. I was crushed because of all my study time used on Spanish. Then! I was sitting in church when a guy introduced Daniella to me and said she only spoke Spanish. Whoohoo. Good thing I had been studying all week. I'm still rubbish but I was a lot better at the end of the week compared to the beginning. God was preparing me ina way I couldn't see. Shout out ot all my friends who are learning a lanuage on their mission. I have so much respect!!

For P-day last week we went to the famous Te Papa museum. We only got to one of the 6 floors because there is so much to see!! We took our touristy picture of the middle of Middle Earth.


Queens for a day in Te Papa
Wellington is pretty crazy, and it just has a fast pace that I'm getting used to. Our investigators seem to either progress really fast or drop us really fast. It's just the pace of things here! We had our cute Mum and Daughter investigators come to church on Sunday and they are just a miracle here. I love serving a mission, but what I love more is knowing that it's the mission Heavenly Father has been preparing me for my whole life. Pretty neat that His hand is involved in all our doings because He loves us and wants us to succeed and be happy in life.

Ofa'atu!
Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment