Friday, January 31, 2014

There are no coincidences.

January 30, 2014
Loved ones,

This week has shown me how the Lord prepares us for the future in ways we don't know until the future comes. During my first transfer in Blenheim, Sister Taleni ran to the street and started yelling after someone she knew. Her name was Steph and she had been baptized while Sister Taleni was in Wellington. This week I went on exchanges in Porirua and it's always fun to see new parts of New Zealand. On our exchange we went to a house for a lesson and when we walked in I immediately recognized Steph! It proved to me that there are no coincidences with the Lord and that for some reason I had to cross paths with her twice. Her nephew wants to be baptized and it was really cool to be in his first lesson with him.

Also in Blenheim with Sister Taleni, we met a lady named Pule. I had to pull the car over because Sister Taleni recognized her walking down the street, and again it was someone she had met in Wellington. I had been searching the teaching records to try to find her in Wellington, and I texted her number. She had told me to come teach her if I ever came to Wellington, but only Heavenly Father knew I'd be here so soon!! She was really excited as we texted her because she hasn't been taught in over a year. We'll be teaching her this week, and she said her kids had just been saying they miss the missionaries. It just reminds me that God has a plan for each of us, and being companions with Sister Taleni made it possible for me to make these connections with people in Wellington now. I am really excited about it!!

We've seen heaps of blessings from obedience. We had a referral from the office named Elizabeth. During our first meeting with her she pulled out a triple combination that she had ordered online after researching LDS.org and the church. She has been reading heaps and is already committing herself to the church without having had met with missionaries or members before. She is an absolute miracle to us and yesterday she committed to being baptized March 1st stating, "that's just the natural progression of the church so of course". Ha she's literally the best investigator EVER.


Fun things about my new area: I get a new hair do every day due to the wind, and often I have Marilyn Monroe moments, but that is why leggings are so great. I live right next to the airport, no exaggeration, and so we see huge planes flying in over head all the time.

We had another really big earthquake. Yay!! It was my first week here so I think they follow me.. I'm much calmer now, just laughing about it.


My new companion, Sister Gilmour, from Scotland. she's adorable. I love you all heaps, the work is hastening here in Wellington. It's amazing being at the center of the mission and seeing a bigger glimpse of all that goes on to ensure the safety and success of the Lord's missionaries. Senior couples are possibly the best thing, so I pray that more couples can go :) Big shout out to the Davis's on their mission call. Whoot! That is crazy, but I love our office missionaries. The cutest couple are leaving this week and I've already grown so close to them. Missions are such miracles.

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment