Monday, January 13, 2014

Auntie in Blenheim

January 8, 2014

So.. this week was really good!!

Most exciting thing for the week, I'm an Auntie! A member of our branch had a baby this week, which was unexpected because he was due after the transfer. I told his mum I wanted him to come early so I could meet him.. and he did! He was born on New Year's Eve, at 11:50pm. He really wanted to be a 2013 baby after his mum was in labor for a full day. But he's soo cute and they've given him the middle name of Whitennedy, Sister White and Sister Kennedy put together. Precious!! They want him to be a missionary one day so it will be a good reminder. I just love babies mainly.


I got all my Christmas mail in January which is thrilling. Mum, Grandma, Caroline, Alyssa Huff and Uncle John sent wonderful Christmas letters. Thanks heaps!!


As Sisters we cover all the little towns around Blenheim so we went out to work in Renwick. We had some referrals to see and also did some door knocking. I'm pretty sure it's the promised land. They have an Alma Street, and Temple road. It was good ole fun with not much success ha. Today I just found out that I will definitely be leaving Blenheim:( Sad, happy, excited, and now realizing I have already collected too many things to pack ha. I've been reading a bit in the New Testament especially around Christmas time, and something that I love about Christ is that he doesn't stay in the same place. If Christ only taught people in one city, He wouldn't have been able to teach more people, perform more miracles, and bless more lives. As missionaries we are representatives of Jesus Christ and as such we must follow His example. Christ moved around to new areas, so missionaries must as well. It helps us and it helps those that we will meet.


We held our first Daily Dose English class yesterday evening and it was so fun!! We were expecting more people to come.. but the 4 members who came had a great night:) Spreading the gospel doesn't come in just door knocking, we all can have a part and use our talents to help build the Kingdom.

Whelp, that's pretty much it!! We are excited because this Sunday they are holding Sacrament Meeting in Picton so our cute investigators up there can attend. I hope we can go, it will be held in the local little theater and it will just be Sacrament. They hope to have it once a month out their with the help of the Branch President and the missionaries. Our most progressing investigators live in Picton so it will really help them, I'm stoked!

Have a beautiful week. I hear it's freezing in the States, but it is quite lovely in New Zealand:) It still feels weird to be in summer, but I think I'll manage!

Love you all heaps!!
Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment