Friday, January 31, 2014

I ate horse.

Sister Kennedy has been transferred to Wellington on the North Island. We are excited to hear about the good work that she will be doing there! Here is her first email from her new area:

Natasha is the cutest!!

Loading up all the luggage.
So grateful for the Elders to haul all my things:)
January 13, 2014

I totally ate horse yesterday!! I'll be honest, whenever I eat at Tongans they pretend they've fed me horse and it scares me. I just love horses too much. But yesterday for dinner the cutest family here in Wellington fed us and she had horse. I was kind of screaming inside, but it turns out it was really good! 

I live in Wellington now, land of the wind and hills. I live in Miramar which is right by the airport. I'm in a district with the Assistants, mission office sisters, and 4 other elders. We are at the mission office almost every day for meetings, lessons, or other reasons. It's the best because I absolutely adore the senior missionaries there.

Taking care of business.
We have a car but bike as well. We tend to have Marilyn Monroe moments walking with our skirts. When I drive downtown, I scream a lot ha. There's so many buses, cars, people, and buildings!! No crashes yet.. My companion has only been in the area for 6 weeks so we're the blind leading the slightly less blind.

I love you all heaps. I've been on my mission 6 months. TOO FAST!! Seriously, I love my mission. I have to conquer my fear of talking to heaps of people, but it will be exciting:) I just really love meeting new people, especially members. I always ask them to feed us because I want my islander food haha. They love my boldness, but no one really feeds the sisters here so I will change that.

My situation is a bit funny here. I'm finishing training Sister Gilmour which is awesome. She's Scottish and just the cutest. I'm already picking up her accent ha. We spent half a day just cleaning our flat and car via President's counsel, we don't have a whole lot of investigators, but we've been blessed finding new ones. A lot of people ask questions and the situation is weird, but I'm happy to be where I am:)

Not gonna lie.. It was harder to say a goodbye to people on Blenheim than it was to say goodbye to my family at the airport. I do miss them. The cutest mum came to the airport to see me off and I just kept crying thinking about leaving. Her little daughter Hope was waving to me the entire time my flight was taking off. But luckily the Lord is blessing me with the faith and hope to look forward and not look back. What an amazing gift to be given!!

Love, Sister Kennedy

Mum would be so proud of my keyboard skills in Sacrament.
P.S. Also, I'm very sorry I didn't write last week. I will now only be emailing on Mondays so that will be good. My mum would be so proud of me last week. We were so blessed to have a sacrament meeting in Picton. It was the first one and it was held in the little theater of town. There were 4 missionaries, 1 less active, 3 investigators, and 2 members to preside and help. My mum would be proud because I played all the hymns on the keyboard, I gave a talk about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I sang a duet with my companion "I know that my Redeemer Lives." All the ways in which my mum has helped me train and grow came in handy just in that short hour. I love you so much mum and dad for helping me be an effective instrument in missionary work.


No comments:

Post a Comment