Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I met the cast of Annie!


June 2, 2014

Heellllo! I know that every week seems crazy and awesome, but this week was like the craziest of my mission. Monday was a great Preparation Day where we went to the New Zealand Parliament building for a sweet tour. We got to be on the floor of the parliament room because they weren't in session. It was fun to learn about their form of government.

The day at Parliament.
Then on Tuesday was had Mission Leader Council which was really awesome. The Kezerian's are putting in place all the last things they want for their mission and it makes me want to work so much harder. Love it!

Wednesday morning we got a call from President Kezerian and he told us that Sister Hann was going to be leaving the area that day, transferring up north. And by that day, he meant, in 30 minutes. We had a crazy packing time and got everything somehow packed up to go. There were many tears and for many different reasons, and which she packed I was on my knees. I have come to learn so well this week that God knows our needs far before we tell Him about them. He needs us to align our will with His and accept the answers that He gives us. That day I went on an exchange with Sister Hansen, from Arizona and she was so cute! We had a great day with lesson after lesson which was such a blessing. 

Thursday morning, we went and picked up my new companion from the bus stop. SISTER LEAUSA. I put her name in capitals because I love her so much:) She's like, the biggest answer to my prayers. We have a lot of mutual friends because she's from West Valley, went to Hunter high, played volleyball and basketball (we've figured out when we would have been playing at the same gyms) and she's half Samoan. She's seriously the best!

My beautiful new companion, Sister Leausa.
We're at the 360 degree of Wellington look out.
Yesterday, Monday, was the Queen's Birthday so everything was closed, that's why I'm emailing today. Because it was a holiday we had the funnest time with 2 of the YSA, Krystal and Te Ao. They took us all over Wellington and we got to play at playgrounds, we checked out this awesome memorial of a Prime Minister, and we went to Mt. Victoria which is a 360 degree view of Wellington. While we were on top we met the cast of Annie, who are all from the UK and on tour in Wellington. It was so awesome! They told us of all the shows they've worked for like War Horse, Phantom, and lots of shows. They were shy to tell us all their accomplishments. But the cool story about them. There were lots of people up top but we could see a couple of them eying our badges. It turns out, that the only reason they recognized us was because they'd seen The Book of Mormon musical. We got to tell them about our missions and help them see the real life version, and I know it left them much more educated. The Lord has mysterious ways, and i know that every encounter with people bring them closer to the truth.


We're currently in Paraparaumu on exchange and my companion and I literally froze last night. it is so cold!! But needless to say, I am laughing more, i am so much happier, and I feel that the Lord is blessing my life so richly right now. There are ups and downs to life, but the consistency can be our relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love them both so much and I know they live. Have a beautiful week!!

Love, Sister Kennedy

P.S. for the call next Thursday, I'll be using google hangout, so ya, that will be neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment