Tuesday, June 3, 2014

SOO many missionaries.

May 25, 2014

The 4 new sisters to come to the mission. 
This week I've had the chance to work/see over 60 missionaries. Probably a first and only for me in the mission! On Tuesday we helped with the four new sisters who just arrived from the MTC. We took them out street contacting and to chalk talk. Dad sent chalk for Easter and it's come in good handy:) Seeing new Sisters reminds me of the fun and excitement, but it also helps me see all the progress and change I've made in my ten months out. Crazy right? Time goes by fast.

Then on Wednesday we got a call at 12:30 "checking" that we were coming to pick up Sisters at 1:15pm. Ha, well they weren't checking but asking last minute and we had to cancel appointments and rearrange our day. I guess that's the joy and hard thing about living close to the mission home. We got to take out Sister Glenn and Sister Saunders who just had like 3 hours left before their flights home. So.. we took them out to chalk talk because that's what we always do:) Wednesday was transfers but since none of us were moving it was really pretty nice.

Zone Conference1
Thursday was Zone Conference (talk about everything smashed into one week) in Porirua. In this conference I had 4/6 original missionaries from my first district, so that was kind of a fun reunion. It was also quite emotional because it's the last Conference with President and Sister Kezerian. They are definitely the best and we will miss them all, but I'm lucky to have another 2 Mission Leader Counsel's with them before they must leave. I played the piano for the event and Sister Kezerian said she was impressed I could both play and sing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" and keep it all together. 

Last night we had dinner with the Cherian family, the same family where we had the epic glass table break during dinner. So I was anticipating something really exciting to happen but it was pretty normal. We were leaving and walking down their wood stairs when I totally slipped in my little socks and slid down all the stairs. I almost took out my companion and Sister Cherian was at the bottom trying to stop me. You could say it was a little embarrassing, plus their 5 boys thought it was hilarious. Anyway, the church is still true even if the missionaries are clumsy ha.

I have homework for you all. I want you to all read 2 Nephi 9 this week and look at how the Plan of Salvation is being taught. I just love this chapter!! I feel like I've never read it before but it just hit me this time. I also want you to each email me and tell me how/when/where you gained your testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. Will you do this? (get commitment) Good. I can promise you it will make a Sister Missionary in New Zealand much happier:)

You are all the best and I love you heaps! I got Caroline and Austin's invitation in the mail which was exciting, and it's fun to hear about all the Memorial Day plans. I've felt so much closer to my ancestors on my mission so I hope everyone feels a bit closer to them on this weekend.

Love, Sister Kennedy, still in Wellington and literally being knocked over by 100mile winds. They don't call this windy Wellington for nothing!

P.S. This is the blog our mission mum keeps and there's actually pictures of me on it, ha so you can check it out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment