Saturday, August 30, 2014

My transfer to Levin.

August 17, 2014

One of the things I will miss most in Wellington is the
awesome YSA! This is from our weekly FHE at the institute.
Saying goodbye to everyone in Wellington was really really hard. They've all become like my best friends!! On Monday we went bowling for our P-Day which was really fun. It them started the mayhem of saying goodbye to people and packing. On Tuesday we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided by the members ha. Everyone who loves me thought "I'll make her a cake, take her to dinner, and give her candy" so I just had a sugar headache all day ha. I got my nails done by a beautiful member, our ward mission leader cut my hair, we met all the new missionaries, and got little gifts from members. Tuesday night we picked up a sister who was going home, and I actually took her spot on Levin ha. We had more luggage than we knew what to do with and we smashed it all in our little Toyota.

Wednesday morning we had to wake up at 5:30 and it was a hard trip to make to the bus stop. We picked up Suzanna (my mission miracle) and she was a missionary for the day with Sister Leausa. It was so so hard to get on the bus, but Sister Leausa and I shouted "hoorah for Israel" (from Other Side of Heaven). I left Suzanna my name badge (the first badge I've left) and I gave Sister Leasua her first ponamu necklace.

Saying goodbye at the Wellington bus station.
I got to Levin and was feeling okay, but then I came home and my door was covered in pictures and lollies from Shaqaila. Ha she stopped by driving through and it was so cute! It helped me to feel loved in this area even though she doesn't live here. I'm the only new missionary in this area and the only new sister in the Zone, so I actually feel pretty weird. I'm the only new thing in the equation and so I don't yet feel like I have my place. I know it will come though.

A warm welcome on my door by Shaqaila:)
I've met really great members and it's fun because my trainer, Sister Taleni, actually opened up Levin. So it feels fun to fill her shoes. The flat we live in actually reminds me a lot of the ranch house, so that's fun. I know that I'm going to love Levin the more I'm here. My companion is Sister Martin, from California, and I actually took her out street contacting in Wellington on her first day so that's fun. She's so cute!

My new companion, Sister Martin,  and the candy lei she gave me:)
Our new Zone theme is "Be a Pen". Ha at first I didn't get it, but the theme comes from President Uchtdorf's talk "Pride and the Priesthood". As missionaries we want to be a pen because pens are always reliable, they work regardless of how small or important the task is, and they never complain. With further study I think it'll be a great theme.

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!! My family all seems to flying all over the world, but it wouldn't seem like the Kennedy's to be sitting still. I think I have become the ward and branch pianist here ha. We switch every other week between a ward and then a branch, so I guess I better learn some sacrament hymns quickly.

I love you all heaps!!
Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment