Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Strength not known among men."

August 24, 2014

I'll just start with the highlight of my week. I had my first exchanges here in the Palmerston Zone and so I got to be in Palmy with Sister Fetu'u, who's my same intake, which was awesome. The best part though was eating CARL'S JR! It's the only one I've seen on my mission and those criscut fries were just sooo good! Ha, the small things in life make me happy.

This is the beautiful beach in my area!
So here in Levin we cover the Levin Ward and also the Foxton Branch. They both have church at 10am on Sundays so we switch every other week with the Elders. This week was my first time attending the Levin Ward and I really enjoyed it. I was their piano player for the day playing all 4 songs of the Sacrament meeting, I then got to bear my testimony and introduce myself, and I also played piano for Relief Society. I'm afraid I'll run out of songs that I can play, but hopefully they don't get too bored of my playing ha.

Here in Levin, we attend a Family Home Evening with all the Samoan families here. We usually have a couple investigators that attend so we love it. Ha sadly it's all in Samoan so we just catch the few times they speak in English for us palangi missionaries. But I'm happy to have their mean feeds again:)

This is my companion biking with a pizza in her hand.
Ha the things we have to do on bikes..
In this area we share the car with the Elders and so that means we are biking heaps. The elders have more appointments out of town, but luckily the town is really flat so biking is cool. It's warming up just a bit and I think it's a lot warmer here than in Wellington. It's not nearly as windy, it's sunnier, and less rain. It feels like Spring! We had a couple of serving projects this weekend and it felt like spring cleaning outside. for some reason I enjoy the yard work more on my mission than the hours and weekends I'd have to spend on our own house.

We have this beautiful investigator named Steph! She's kind of my miracle here. She's dating a member and so has known missionaries and members for over 2 years. No one has really been able to teach here and when I got here they were just trying to befriend her. When I got here I just straight up asked her if we could teach her and she said yes. She tells us she needs more Jesus in her life because she sees how happy everyone is who follows Christ. I love her!! Keep her in your prayers, she's just great.

I read this verse in the Doctrine and Covenants today and wanted to share it: "And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength as is not known among men." D&C 24:12

I love you all heaps and I hope you have a great week! It's crazy to think school is starting again ha. I'll take serving a mission any day over starting a new semester. I know this gospel is true and that even in times we are struggling, Christ is right with us to help bear our burdens. God loves us more than we know!!

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment