Sunday, November 30, 2014

Applause in Church.

November 23, 2014

I was just driving down the road, and it hit me how much I miss my family! I don't often let myself think about my family because I want to stay focused, but this day I thought about how much my family has done for me. I've been spoiled as the youngest to have 4 older siblings who have led such great lives, and parents who have supported me in all my endeavours. Ha it was the first time I actually thought "I bet my family really misses me." That could be an inaccurate statement, but I really do know how much they love and support me.

We had a full on week! On Tuesday I traveled to Wellington for our Mission Leader Council and I got to lead a presentation from all the STL's that went very well. We've all become quite comfortable to counsel together and present to each other.

Our backyard is basically a bush. It hasn't been taken care of in probably over a year and our landlord basically said it's not acceptable. So what do 2 Sister Missionaries do? Call in the Elders. We had the Zone Leaders and DL come and for 3 hours they just went to town on our bush and we loaded up a big trailer of green waste to dump. We were so grateful!!

Our stall at the Marton Market on Saturday
Saturday we got to join Sister Shaw and Vautier to help them put on a stall at the "Marton Market". They had heaps of vendors in a park and we had our spot. The Sisters thought they provided a table and that is was inside, so we were surprised when it was outside, we had no table, and it was really windy! Ha we scrambled together a little table and some chairs and then just had to hold onto everything so it didn't fly away. Our stall was right next to all of the good smelling food vans (so tempting) and the stage so we had lots of people come by. We had a whiteboard with "what makes your family happy?" written on it and then had people come through and write answers. We focused on that and family history which was really cool. We bailed a little early when it started to really rain ha.

The cute Foxton Branch youth!
This Sunday was maybe the most spiritual Sacrament meeting on my mission. Sister Turvey and I spoke, and she spoke all about the sacrament and I spoke about prophets. Shaqaila Uelese drove down 3 hours from Flaxmere so that she could be there. We put together a musical number with a few minutes before church (because I can't give up a chance to sing with her playing the piano!) We performed the "Spirit of God" and I kid you not, at the end the whole congregation (all 20 of them) gave applause. Of course they all knew they shouldn't but they did anyway because it was so amazing! She just went to town on the piano. As I was up there I could see members almost standing up to see her fingers flying. Ha she is just the coolest!!! Foxton Branch doesn't have anyone who plays the piano (except me when we're there every other Sunday) so they all told her she is most welcome to stay and live there ha. I haven't really sung any solos on my mission so it felt so so good to be able to sing alongside Shaq yesterday. She really is the boss :) Ha I gave my talk right after singing and I was just so tearful. I couldn't get over how much Shaq had done and how far she'd driven just for that. She's my best friend. Mum you'd be proud of how much I've grown in my ability to speak in church. It was just an amazing spirit at church!

I hope you Americans have a very special Thanksgiving this week! We are grateful for Dr.s at the moment. After church a nurse in the branch was really concerned for Sister Turvey because she's been having consistent migraines and other symptoms so we hurried and drove back to Levin (20 minutes) to find out that the clinic couldn't see her for 4 hours, so then we drove to Palmerston North (40 minutes) and she did get to see a doctor after waiting for a while, then drove back home (40 minutes). Ha it was a bit crazy, but we got the help she needed. I am so grateful for YOU! Thanks for caring enough about me to read this really long email. I know it's especially long this week. I love you, be safe, have a great week full of thanksgiving!

Love, Sister Kennedy

P.S. Happy Wedding Camille! I got your invitation and think it is so so cute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment