Sunday, November 30, 2014

A baptising week :)

October 26, 2014

Well to start off, I am just so lucky to have had such a great 22nd Birthday!! I got to play volleyball with our District, we had FHE with the Samoan families and they all sang me Happy Birthday, that night we had members show up at our door with a cake and 22 candles for me to blow out, at District Meeting the Elders walked in with a cake and they all sang for me, then Tuesday night Shaqaila and her friend showed up with another cake and 22 candles, then Wednesday I got 2 packages on the doorstep from Mum and Bryce. WOW!! It was so great:) I am one spoiled girl.

3 cakes on my Birthday. I am one lucky Sister!
On Wednesday we had transfers and Dad will be so proud because I was in charge of driving the trailer for all the Sister's luggage. Sister Breshears came to our Zone and she's from Morgan so now we have a Sister from Ogden, Morgan,, and Brigham (yay for Northern Utah!). We also get Sister Vautier in our Zone who's from Tahiti and we were in the same intake, so I'm excited to serve with all of them.

Kirstin's baptism!
Kirstin got baptised on Saturday!! We had an amazing turn out with a pretty full chapel of members and 11 non members. The first speaker got stuck at work so I gave a talk on Faith and Repentance spur of the moment. I love being a mission because it gives me the confidence to just stand up and rely on my scripture study to give a talk. Kirstin is pretty fearful of water but she said as she was baptised she just felt so calm knowing it was right. While she was changing she said she heard a voice say "the Gospel is true" and then this warm feeling went from the top of her head to her toes. Ahh!! We gave her a big picture of the Hamilton temple and she's all excited to put it up.

We have this awesome new investigator named George. He's this older guy and a friend of his introduced him to the church. He wears this purple sunglasses that are just little and round and make him look like a rockstar ha. He came to the baptism and also church and wanted to take a picture with us to prove he had come. Ha he's hilarious.

On Sunday we finally got to perform all of the numbers we'd prepared in the Samoan choir. The piano went really well and besides the mistakes here and there, it sounded really great! They are such great people, so I'm grateful we had all that time to meet them better through the rehearsals.

I love being a baptising missionary, and looking back, I've actually been blessed with heaps of people to baptise! I love my mission. I love the people here. I find so much joy and satisfaction in my work and hope you all know how much I love you at home! Be good.


ove. Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment