Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Feeling 22.

October 20, 2014

This is Kirstin!! We got to see a bit of rugby with her on Saturday:)
So.. it's my 22nd Birthday. Neat! I'm sure it will turn out to be the best 22nd Birthday I've ever had:) 

I'm so grateful for all of your prayers in my behalf this week in preparation for Stake Conference! I could definitely feel your prayers and mine being answered as each practice got better and better. It really was a miracle! On Sunday morning we all met at the chapel and loaded onto a chartered bus to go to Stake Conference. One of our members drives for the company so he drove us. We'd all dressed in white tops, black skirts, and a red tie for the guys and a red ribbon for the women. As we were traveling the bus started to slow down, getting slower and slower until he pulled off to the side of the road. *insert confused looks for the next 30 minutes* Haha no one really moved and the driver just kept trying different things to get the bus to go. Haha we jokingly asked the Elders to bless the bus, but time slipped by and suddenly the conference was about to start and the whole choir was on the side of the road on the way to Palmerston hahah. At first I was nervous to play the piano, then I was a bit relieved, and then I was super bummed because we've practiced  hours on hours to perform 12 numbers. Haha Id'd been praying all week to be able to play well for Stake Conference, so I guess the way it was answered was to not play at all ha. A member with a van came and took us, the elders, and a few members so we actually made it to the conference. It was a great conference but I reckon it would have sounded lots better with us. There was another bus that came to pick up the group, but it was too late for the Conference. All in all, I have increased my talent to play the piano, and hopefully we'll be able to sing our songs in the ward in the upcoming weeks.

There's this cute little town called Shannon in our new area, and this week Sister Turvey and I had a special dedicatory prayer to start our work there. Missionaries haven't been working there for quite some time and we feel really excited about the future there!

We had an awesome exchange with Sister Hann and Sister Shaw.
Sister Shaw is the granddaughter of Grandma Stratford's friends.
Today was transfers, it was a short 4 week transfer. I'm staying, my companion is staying, and I'm still an STL. Ha at the end of this 8 week transfer I'll have been an STL for 10 months. Hmm... haha at least I am still loving it!

We were so excited because both Wednesday and Thursday night we had first lessons with guys (so weird to teach guys now! but also good), and with both of them we set baptismal dates. I just love extending the baptismal invitation! The Spirit is always just so strong.

President Eyring spoke in General Conference about how his mother had taught him principles that he's lived by ever since. He said something that I desire as well. I desire to make my parents "exceedingly glad". No one back home knows the 21 year old Rachel.. that whole year has been just to New Zealand :) Like Alma 50:23 "But behold, there never was a happier time among Rachel's life, than in the twenty and first year." I'm looking forward to being 22, but so many things have happened in my 21st year that just wouldn't have happened unless I had decided to serve a mission! For that I will be eternally grateful. Dad always reminds me that I can either look back and be happy I did things, and look back and wish I would have done things. I hope I can live the rest of my mission with no regrets! I hope you all have a beautiful Fall week while I enjoy the beautiful Spring of New Zealand!

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment