Monday, October 20, 2014

Meetings every day.. :)

October 5, 2014

This week we had an awesome Mission Leader Council meeting on Tuesday, I attended the District Leader Council on Wednesday to train the missionaries, on Thursday we had District Meeting, and Sunday we had Stake Correlation Meeting. I have never been this busy with leadership meetings and training, but I love it! It has really given me the opportunity to stretch and grow myself. Plus it's awesome training for the future.

At our Mission Leader Council it was a beautiful, sunny day in Wellington and so we got to eat our lunch on the roof of the building, SO neat! It's 4 stories high so I could just look out at my beloved city. It made me miss street contacting in the capitol city, but I'm so lucky that I get to go back there every month.

On Sunday we had our Stake Correlation meeting where the Stake Presidency meets with the Zone Leaders to correlate efforts and plans. This time, the Sister Training Leaders have been invited, so it was neat! I got to counsel with 5 wonderful Priesthood Leaders and speak about concerns. My companion went with other sisters and so it was kind of weird to be a solo Sister, but I really enjoyed it. We're going to have it every month now which will definitely hasten the work in the Palmerston North Zone. Unfortunately the meeting happens during our sacrament meeting and it's 40 minutes away, so from now on we'll get to attend 3 sacraments each month: Levin Ward, Foxton Branch (which are both our assignments) and now the Summerhill Ward so we can have the sacrament after Stake Correlation ha.

In our mission, we could only listen to hymns. But this week we just got approved to listen to all the EFY songs and music on lds.org so we have been loving listening to all the music. It is so inspiring! I was home sick for most of the day on Friday and Saturday (I had to leave the flat in the evening because I've never had to stay in for a full day on my mission, and couldn't let it happen now!) with a bad cold, but luckily my companion was so cute to be my nurse. I got Caroline's package with all her wedding photos so I could properly look at those in bed ha, while listening to EFY music.

On Sunday, Kirstin had her baptismal interview and she's all good to get baptised! Yay! I get to play the piano for the Samoan choir for the Stake Conference coming up which is exciting. I'm also on exchanges right now in Palmy which is so fun.

President Benson said, "It is better to prepare and prevent than it is to repair and repent." I love it! I cannot wait for General Conference. Of course, you're all lucky enough to have seen it. We'll get the feed this coming weekend, and I can't wait! I hope you all have a beautiful week. I love New Zealand and everything that is happening. Life is the best!

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment