Friday, October 3, 2014

Feeling excited for the Future


September 28, 2014

My companion, Sister Turvey with the firehose. 
This week was really busy with our transfers and everything going on! Sister Martin was really awesome at packing and we were in bed by 11pm Tuesday night which is a record! Usually we're up all night packing ha but she was good. She took a double decker bus to Hastings and then we ran to the airport to pick up my new companion, Sister Turvey. She's so cute!! She's from England and just came from her first area in Christchurch. She's ready to work hard and we can already see the potential for this area. Check out Mike Turvey's Mormon Message because she's in the video.

We are teaching this awesome girl named Kirsten. We share the same Birthday and she's just one year older than me. This week we taught her the Word of Wisdom and when we came back a few days later her little sister asked if they could drink at a party on the weekend and Kirsten said "oh, we're not gonna do that anymore". It was really cool! Every time we see her she looks happier and happier. She's on date to be baptised October 18th:)

Cute Foxton Branch!
Last Saturday we went to visit this older woman in the ward and then on Tuesday we got news that she's actually passed away on Monday. The ward had her funeral on Friday and it was kind of out of it that I'd just met her. It was a good opportunity to really think about the plan of salvation and realise that there's no sting in death because Christ has overcome that for us.

On Saturday we went into town and stumbled upon an event to gain awareness of the emergency services. We got to talk to people while learning about ambulances and firetrucks. I was super stoked about it when we got the chance to put on a fireman's hat and spray water at some targets. ha I was all about it!! I thought it was so fun.

I tried my hand at firefighting this weekend. ha:)
Right after we were able to go to Palmerston to support the Sisters in their baptism. I got to help teach Paula on exchanges and her story is so cool! Not only was she baptised, but she's now engaged to a member she met at church so that is neat.

As the STL I get to support the Sisters in the Zone so
we got to go see beautiful Paula be baptised.
I'm most excited this week because I get a call from the office with my new release date. I was supposed to come home in December because my visa expired, but that was just too early for my liking. I put my petition to the Mission President and he's letting me stay until January 12th and then I'll just have a special outtake for myself ha. I'm so stoked on life!! I can't wait to spend a second Christmas and New Year's in New Zealand and be able to serve the Lord for a bit longer than expected!

I love you heaps!! I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment