Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

September 7, 2014

Yesterday was Father's Day here on the bottom of the world, so Happy Father's Day!

Our Father's Day gifts.
This Friday there was a kapa haka festival with all the kids in the region (kapa haka are the dance groups that perform Maori songs and dances). We had a couple of the ward members performing so we went to support them and it was awesome! The group did their thing and then the boys would come to the front and do the haka and I just loved it! Ha it was so cool. They did some great poi and dances with sticks. Things like that really make me appreciate how much New Zealand preserves their culture.
Kapa haka
On Saturday night we had an area 70 come to the stake and give a Women's Devotional. It was very inspiring and just helped me remember how much worth I have as a daughter of God.

My companion and I at our chapel :)
I know this letter is awfully short! I went on a great exchange in Palmerston, we taught many great lessons, I fell off my bike and cut up my leg, I'm the pianist for the Samoan choir and don't really know what's going on, we will hopefully have a wedding this week! Grandma sent me a great little package, and a member from Wellington sent me a package as well. So cute!! Time keeps going by incredibly fast.. scary!

we helped set up a primary activity which was fun haha.
Your homework. Read D&C 35:13 and then tell me your interpretation next week. Ha I loved reading that verse this week. I hope you all have a beautiful week! I love you all heaps and heaps and am grateful to be far from you so I can gain a greater appreciation for you.

Love, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment