Saturday, December 13, 2014

All good things come to an end.

November 30, 2014

This week was really great and looking back, I'm so glad! Last night I got a call from my mission president and he told me that he's grateful for all my service as a Sister Training Leader, but it comes to an end on Wednesday. We had a mini transfer for the Sisters and so I am staying in Levin, but my baby girl Sister Gilmour will be coming to the Zone to be Sister Training Leader. Ha I guess if I can't be STL anymore, I will definitely let the Sister I trained to be! Plus, Sister Leausa was just made STL in Christchurch, so I'm feeling like a proud mama (trainer) today.

Thanksgiving 2014 at Carl's Jr.
On Thursday, we had to celebrate Thanksgiving because it was Sister Turvey's first time to celebrate. We ate dinner at Carl's Jr. because it;s an American restaurant. I got the western burger which was nice ha. We sat there and told each other what we're grateful for. I said that I'm so grateful for my Mission President and his wife!

Tuesday we were able to have the first Palmerston North Zone Forum where all the missionaries met together and the Zone Leaders and myself and my companion presented the training we received from our Mission Leader Council. It was really neat and made me feel all adult like running a meeting and presenting all the information. It went really well and helped all the missionaries to feel like they were really valued to council together instead of just getting watered-down information at District Meeting. Hopefully we'll get to continue these kind of zone meetings!

This Sunday was our Primary Program which is of course, the best Sunday of the year:) A couple kids were missing so we got to set on the stand, sing with the kids, and read their parts. There's not a pianist in Primary so they just sang everything acapella. So cute!! We had a lot of less active members who came this week so that is always great!

Our convert, Ruta coming out with us! We had to stop at the Lake for a photo :)
Random thoughts. Last P day we went bowling, had fish and chips in a park and looked at an aviary with some members. Fun! I went on exchanges with Sister Vautier which was fun because we served together in Wellington and then she just served in Blenheim so we talked heaps about that. We got to attend a Stake training meeting for Ward Mission Leaders on Thursday which was really fun and I got to help present. We went mufty finding (doorknocking in service clothes) and it was so fun! We got to clean heaps of windows, hang some washing, vacuum, and help some members as well.

Learning to make Samoan biscuits. 
The weeks keep going by faster and faster, it's unreal. President told me I'll be staying in Levin until the end so that means I can buckle down, work hard, and change the world!! But that means, you can keep sending mail to 5 Churchill St, Levin 5510 NZ. ;) wink wink.. Christmas is coming so send me all your love!

Love, Sister Rachel Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment