Sunday, December 21, 2014

#Sharethegift with Carols

December 14, 2014

Hey family and loved one! Jokes about the trio.. haha we just got our transfer list and we're actually not going to be in a trio. It will just be Sister Turvey and I in Levin, so we'll see what ends up happening when I head out!

Our Samoan choir singing Christmas Carols :)
This week has been great. On Saturday we had 2 Christmas parties! First was the Foxton Branch Christmas party and it was a barbecue at the swimming pool. It's still so funny to be celebrating Christmas with swimming and outdoor barbecues. As I was eating outside I got a surprise bomb on my leg from a bird up above. Ha, luckily it was just on my leg. Then that night we had the Christmas celebration with the Levin Ward. Our Bishop had set up risers and brought the piano outside, so after our potluck dinner, the Samoan choir sang heaps of Christmas hymns and carols. I was playing the piano and it was so fun to see people driving by slowly with their windows down, we had residents from the next door rest home who came to watch, and many friends and neighbors of members came to enjoy the night. As missionaries we'd set up a special table for He Is the Gift, and after our singing we watched a Tabernacle Choir concert on a projector. It was so much fun! The whole day filled us with Christmas cheer and it was great to see many less actives come out. Activity really is the genius of the church.

#SharetheGift
Our cute recent convert, Kirstin, has just moved into her own little flat so we helped her with that. We cleaned walls and carpets, planted a little flower garden in front, and helped her put up her picture of the Hamilton Temple front and center in her living room. She's doing great!

On Wednesday we had a baptism in Levin!! Technically she's a convert.. but really they'd just lost her records in Samoa. It was beautiful, simple, and reminded me how necessary baptism is. Even though she'd been baptised before, the Lord needs us to take good record on earth so we can ensure all members are taken care of and make it to the temple. God is so merciful!

I have to give a shout out to Suzanna Muir who's been baptised for 6 months now!! Woohoo. She just went to the temple and did baptisms:) I'm so proud of her!!!

Plus, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!! I hope you have the best day on the 16th. You're the greatest mum I could ever ask for!

I love you all. Christmas is in the hot and rainy air here in Levin!! Be good.


Alofa atu, Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment