Sunday, May 18, 2014

I can think of no cool titles..

February 24, 2014

Soo the big news of the day. I am staying in Wellington with Sister Gilmour, but I'm now the Sister Training Leader for the Zone. Whoot, exciting slash nervous because we now have 8 sisters in the zone, which is more than ever and the largest in the mission. It's always exciting to learn something new and try a new adventure, so that will be me!

The ZOO! Blue Penguins, the cutest.
Last week for P-day we had real fun and went to the Wellington Zoo. We went with most of our District and saw heaps of monkeys, lions, apes, penguins, and dingoes. Days as a missionary are really long, but the half day we have for fun on P-day goes by soo fast. We tried to make the most of it running around to catch all the big animals before it closed. Ha, our District is really fun.

On Saturday we were involved in a big Mormon Helping Hands service project. I think it was a worldwide day of service, so hopefully back home there were some wonderful projects going on. We got to wear the yellow bibs (first time which was reeal exciting) and we worked at the Karori cemetery to clean paths and plots. Fun fact: the first branch of New Zealand was established in Karori around 1850. At this time, most of the saints were moving to Utah so the branch was closed because all the members were going to Zion. Now the Wellington ward covers Wellington, but a pretty cool connection. Also fun fact, the Robert's are our senior couple and they are from Preston Idaho. Preston is where Matthew Cowley was born. Fun facts bringing the world all together. Anyway, it was really fun to give service along side our stake. Plus, our investigator Elizabeth works at the cemetery so she got to see how involved our church is in helping others.

Speaking of Elizabeth.. she's going to be baptized Saturday. Whee!! Pray for her:) We're going to sing "When I am Baptized" with her little daughter at the program which will be so fun. We don't know what time it will be at because the other ward has a scheduled Birthday party.. so that will be fun to work around. But seriously, we are so excited for her. She rocks.

Wellington at its finest.
I had another little accident in Wellington. Driving on the roads downtown is just so tight. We were driving down a one way when we had to merge and the delivery truck in front of us just pulled over and started backing up in the road to an alley way. they didn't indicate and we were stuck between a car and them so they scratched our bumper. Big yellow mark. I'm just grateful that Brigham Young established big city blocks with wide roads. Wellington did not have the planning of wide streets in mind ha.

Okay, for the spiritual side of things. (By the way, if my emails aren't super spiritual, which I know they aren't, it isn't because I'm not always studying and love the scriptures. I just forget when I'm emailing about all the good stuff I've read. Seriously, I LOVE the Book of Mormon. It's the BOM.) I always get to the small books in the Book of Mormon and get all excited about how fast I can read them, but just this week I realized how precious these little books of Enos, Omni, Jarom and Words of Mormon are. Enos is made whole through his pleading to the Lord. Many people are healed in the Book of Mormon, but not many are "made whole". Big difference. The people in Zarahemla were sent to the promised land at a different time than Lehi and his family. What?! And, Coriantum (I think that's his name..) was the last surviving Jaredite. Crazy! I had no idea these things were even going on. But with my study including looking up in the index every time a new person is introduced, I have come to see the precious details that have been saved for us. So, my request for the week is that everyone reads these little books and looks for the treasures. They're short and they will blow your mind, as they did mine.

I love you all heaps and I'm becoming a city girl. I thought I was a city girl in Salt Lake, but now it's on a whole new level. We ride buses sometimes and I love it, reminding me of my UTA days:) If days ever seem hard and like they won't end, just remember, it's already tomorrow in New Zealand.

Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment