Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rookie in MLC

March 30, 2014

To my beautiful family and friends,

Last P-day we had a super "Wellington" day. One of the office Sisters (Sister Eames, who is my Stratford cousin) took us on the famous Wellington Cable Car. I was so excited, we're in a red car going up the hills of Wellington. Well, it turns out it was super short, like 4 minutes maybe? But it dropped us off at the top of the Botanical Garden so we had a great little hike and mosey through the beautiful gardens. With the change of season there weren't the best looking flowers, but it still looked great.
I know that this a blurry picture of me riding my bike.. but I bought this adorable reddish raincoat. It took me weeks to buy.. mainly because I'm cheap and I had to finally give in to buying it ha. I love it.

I will now tell you all a bit about the exciting Mission Leader Council. I was so confused when I got there.. my companion got to spend the morning with another Scottish missionary so they really loved it. We all had assigned seats and I walked in and there were so many missionaries there.. I didn't know where to sit so I just turned around and walked out haha. I found another Sister and she showed me where to sit so that was nice. Out of 23 missionaries, myself and one of our Zone Leaders were the only new missionaries in attendance so I was quite the rookie. But seriously, it was so great! As leaders we just got to hear really uplifting things, real motivational stuff. We also just had a big Q and A so we could clear up any concerns or misunderstandings. Our mission president is returning home in July so he's being very diligent to ensure the mission is left with no problems or miscommunications. We got lunch, which makes any meeting great. My favourite part was when all the STL's got to meet with Sister Kezerian in another room. I love being with just Sisters:)

I just love my companion!
I just want to give a shout out to like the best member in the world. She feeds us quite often, and this week when we were over she gave us a super healthy meal which was delicious. Before we left she loaded us up with toilet paper, fabric softenor, and a heating blanket. Then the next day on Sunday she dropped off a second heating blanket and washing powder. This same woman bought up these awesome wool socks, she gave us outdoor lights to put in our lawn, and she's super supportive. I just wanted to let you know that there are amazing people, especially this woman, taking care of the Lord's servants. She literally the best. Last night she dropped off homemade mousse. YUM!

I just thought this ship looked really cool.
I absolutely cannot wait for General Conference:) It'll be the best! It's right after transfers, but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying. But who knows! We'll get to watch the General Woman's meeting April 5th, the stake is putting on a supper before so I'm stoked. We'll then watch the sessions on April 12th and 13th. Don't give away all the good talks because I want it to be a surprise for me! I just really love the General Authorities. Almost all our messages we've been giving to members and those we meet is about a living prophet and giving them invitations to give to friends and family. We have the same organization that Christ established while He was on the earth. That's just the best news I could give.

I hope my Dad has a very Happy Birthday! Sunday is the church's anniversary, so that is really cool. Easter is coming, yay!! I would really encourage each of you to search for wonderful talk son the Atonement. Look up The Atonement and Missionary Work by Elder Holland, it's amazing. Have a great week!!

I have a riddle. How many Mormons were there in 1830? How many Mormons are there in Mosiah 18:30? Hint: it's the same.

I love you all heaps!
 Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment